Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Hardy Heron Alpha 5

I got excited to see the features in the Alpha 5 release of Hardy Heron (Ubuntu 8.04, whose final version is to come out in April). I downloaded it, made a CD and installed. Something probably went wrong in the installation, and I could not log into it.

I made a /home partition that's 100G and when I tried logging in, I got an error saying $HOME/.dmrc has a problem; I saw a another problem with gnome-panel app. Because of the gnome-panel app problem, I ended up with a nice wallpaper with multiple colours and a beautiful outline of a peacock. I haven't had the time to look into the problem. So, more work to be done!

Feels great to be at the bleeding edge of Ubuntu adoption!
-raghav
P.S: Alpha 5 took about 50 minutes to download using bittorrent and I was quite happy with the minimum speed of 225KBps.

No comments:

Post a Comment